Saturday, October 29, 2011

Attention Formula 1 fans

I was out thriftshopping and found this painting at my secret place. It was expensive, but it looked so good I had to have it. I just know there's a Formula 1 fan out there dying to have an original piece of art like this from the 1970's.


I did some research and based on the year of the painting, the style and color of the car, it is probably a Ferrari 312. Of course it could also just be the idealized vision of a racecar in the artists mind, but it does fit the look and period. The #9 car was driven by several drivers in the late 1960's including Lorenzo Bandini and Chris Amon. Other notable drivers from the Ferrari team of the era were John Surtees, Ludovico Scarfiotti and Jacky Ickx.

Here's a close-up:


I've listed it in my Etsy shop, it could be yours at the drop of the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment