Thursday, November 10, 2011

Auction Day results

Nice easy day today, I didn't have much cash to spend, so I took it easy and concentrated on the box lots. Picked up some stuff that cleaned up nicely:


Clockwise from top; late 19th century catholic reliquary, Gorham jar with sterling lid, an old Dunhill and a nice Peter Stokkebye pipes (there were others (Dunhill, Savinelli) in the lot, but they all need to go in for repair before being sell-able), brass hand mirror with rhinestones, Islamic brass & tin cup, antique cloisonne plate.

If there's one thing I like, it's a nice reliquary, I had been hunting for one for a while. Unfortunately this one didn't come labeled with whose relic is in it, but fortunately there's what looks like a (tiny) 24k gold heart tied to an old silk ribbon (see below), so I think it's a slam-dunk anyway.


I also got an old biscuit jar, pipe rack, Chinese painted eggs, and some miscellaneous porcelain pieces, but all that is going on the $5 table at the swap meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment